On Tue, 14 Sep 2010, Jeroen Massar wrote:

On 2010-09-14 07:59, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
[..]
Does this sound like madness or something that might be of use? What WG
might be best suited to bring this idea to?

What part can not be achieved with WHOIS/RPSL already?

Why aren't people using WHOIS for DNSBL? Massive amount of questions are frowned upon by the people who run whois servers.

The bigger issue though is just like WHOIS though: folks don't update.
And of course, folks will lie...

Absolutely, nothing is perfect.

WHOIS is pretty meaningless for addresses and contacts already in quite
a number of cases, adding more data will only add more nonsense.

My idea wasn't to use WHOIS for this, I was more thinking in lines of reverse-DNS but in new structure (under arpa.) or something completely new.

I think there is a need to somehow publish this information and do it dynamically, and I don't think WHOIS is the way to go.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se