Hi Daniel:

Thanks for the heads up.

The text in RPL assumes that the node receives a packet, processes the
RH (swaps the destination) and then forwards to the new next hop. If
that fails, it seems easier to pass the resulting packet as it now
stands than to recomputed the packet as it was received. I think the RH
draft should adapt to that . Would you agree?

Pascal
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7011357/

Of
> Daniel Gavelle
> Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 4:28 PM
> To: r...@ietf.org; ipv6@ietf.org
> Subject: [Roll] Discrepancy between draft-ietf-roll-rpl-17 and
draft-ietf-
> 6man-rpl-routing-header-01
>
> A discrepancy between the ROLL and 6man-rpl-routing-header draft was
> spotted a few weeks ago.  I haven't seen any comments on this on the
ROLL
> list.  I've posted it to the 6Man list as it also affects a draft in
this WG.  It is
> important that everyone generates the destination unreachable in the
same
> way because the RPL root node will process the destination unreachable
> determine which link has failed.
>
> Daniel.

Lossy
> Networks
> >     Author(s)       : T. Winter, et al.
> >     Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-rpl-17.txt
> >     Pages           : 159
> >     Date            : 2010-12-15
> >
> > Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) are a class of network in which
> > both the routers and their interconnect are constrained.  LLN
routers
> > typically operate with constraints on processing power, memory, and
> > energy (battery power).  Their interconnects are characterized by
high
> > loss rates, low data rates, and instability.  LLNs are comprised of
> > anything from a few dozen and up to thousands of routers.
> > Supported traffic flows include point-to-point (between devices
inside
> > the LLN), point-to-multipoint (from a central control point to a
> > subset of devices inside the LLN), and multipoint-to-point (from
> > devices inside the LLN towards a central control point).  This
> > document specifies the IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs (RPL), which
> > provides a mechanism whereby multipoint-to-point traffic from
devices
> > inside the LLN towards a central control point, as well as point-to-
> > multipoint traffic from the central control point to the devices
> > inside the LLN, is supported.  Support for point-to-point traffic is
> > also available.
> >
> > A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-17.txt
> >
> > Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> > ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
> >
> > Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
> > implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
> > Internet-Draft.

> Regards,
>
> Daniel.
>
> --

> Daniel Gavelle, Software Team Leader
> Low Power RF Solutions (formerly Jennic Ltd.) NXP Semiconductors
Furnival