Earlier, Hing-Kam Lam wrote:
> I thought we were very close to the WG LC last time and
> the new version is addressing all the points raised.

Unfortunately, the new version unfortunately does not address
my comments, or those of others with similar concerns about the
operational impacts of ANY new IPv6 headers on existing IPv6
deployments with routers containing silicon (e.g. ASIC, FPGA)
forwarding engines that parse/parse-past the currently defined
set of IPv6 headers and extensions.

As someone else noted recently on the IPv6 Ops list,
in the IETF words such as "SHOULD" or "SHOULD NOT" are
entirely ignorable.  So those don't address my concerns.

As I've said before, I do think that with some specific edits
to tighten up the wording (e.g. using words such as "MUST NOT"
and requiring more specific justification & documentation
than in a normal standards-action if one proposes defining
any new IPv6 header), the draft could be edited into
a form where it would be widely agreeable.

I provided specific suggestions in the past on this,
which I don't see reflected in the latest text.  Perhaps
I've overlooked something.  I am on travel, which means
that I am both short of time and have VERY limited Internet
access.

I will try to propose some specific edits to this draft,
but I doubt I will be able to post a note to this list
with those proposed edits until end of week (at earliest).

Cheers,

Ran