From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
George, Wes
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:50 PM
To: 6man
Subject: RFC6164 and 3627

A (possibly stupid) question occurred to me today -

Why doesn't RFC6164 formally update RFC3627? As it stands, this either
clarifies the existing guidance in 3627 or obsoletes it, but only
includes 3627 as an informative reference. I don't remember there being
much discussion about this particular aspect of the draft. I know there
was lots of discussion about should/shouldn't use /127s, but not about
this particular thing.

If we agree that 6164 should have updated 3627, how do we fix? Can this
be handled as an errata filing on 6164, or do we have to write a
6164bis?

Thanks,

Wes George

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject
to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken
in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is
E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently
delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.