Hi Jonathan,

The draft uses the term "RPL domain" in several places and this is not clearly
defined.

I would imagine that it includes all nodes that are downstream of the RPL
border router. But can you clarify if Host nodes that are downstream of the
border router but do not implement any part of RPL ( even as RPL Leaf nodes )
should be considered part of the "RPL domain" ?

In section 5, the draft now says "..Datagrams destined to nodes outside the RPL
domain are dropped if the outer-most IPv6 header contains a RPL Option..."

This text would imply that any RPL node sending packets to nodes outside should
always tunnel to the Root ? Is that the intention really or am I missing
something here..

Also note that if non-RPL Host is not considered part of the RPL domain, then I
am not sure that a forwarding router can know if the destination is inside the
domain or not.

-Regards, Joseph

Message: 5