-----Original Message-----
From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Hemant Singh (shemant)
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 1:23 PM
To: Ray Hunter; Philip Homburg; Ole Troan; Brian E Carpenter
Subject: RE: FW: New Version Notification
for,draft-hsingh-6man-enhanced-dad-01.txt

>Since the number of bits for the nonce was an open question for the -01
document, we will add text in a -02 version reflecting the closure.  So
then it
>should be OK to specify the default to be 48 bits and let an
implementation use higher length if the implementation wants to.

Actually, since we accepted Ray's idea, the idea matches the Nonce
Option in RFC 3971 which also uses a minimum of 48 bits for the nonce
and allows for a longer nonce.  Since our document does not say anything
else beyond RFC 3971, we don't have to add/change any text in this
regard.  This is the text we have in our document below.  I raised the
question today in case there was anyone who wanted one fixed length of
the nonce in the reflected-DAD algorithm.

[The document proposes use of the Nonce Option (specified in [RFC3971]).
The nonce is a random number as specified in [RFC3971].]

In the -02 version, we will incorporate editorial comments from Tassos.

Regards,

Hemant