Hi,

On 2011/11/18, at 14:27, Dmitry Anipko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> >> In any case, the policy delivered on the secured channel should be used.
> >>That is what the draft suggests.
> >>Make sense ?
>
> If the different policy tables were received from different administrative
> domains, I don’t see yet why it would make sense to prefer one of them to
> another based on whether one of the channel was secured. In case an interface
> which delivered secured policy table is not preferred by routing metric, the
> copy of the table received over such interface may be irrelevant or harmful.

The policy table is a host-wide policy, and not interface specific.
It can have effects even on the routing policy of the host in that it has
effects on destination address selection.

The existence of a secure, trusted channel means that the host
belongs to the administrative domain. In that case, the policy of
the un-trusted channel should not override the host-wide policy,
even if the default route is directed to the untrusted interface.

If the admin of the administrative domain allows the simultaneous
use of the untrusted domain and to direct the default route to that
untrusted interface, the admin has to design his distributing policy
so that the policy will not bring bad effects from that. If the admin
does not allow the simultaneous connection, the bad effects need
not be taken care.

Of course, this draft does not preclude configuration option to use
the received policy on the untrusted interface, though.

Best regards,