Hi, Gorry,

On 01/16/2012 05:15 AM, go...@erg.abdn.ac.uk wrote:
> I'm OK with removing the requirement (MUST), but I think the
> recommendation is not entirely bad to discard fragments that may follow -
> albeit for a limited time and subject to finding a way to implement.

It's not that it's "bad". It's that if it is assumed that overlapping
fragment are malicious traffic (i.e., it cannot originate from
legitimate sources), then there's not much motivoation to do more work
(e.g., first prun the fragments, then the "state") or tie system
resources (such as those needed to keep state for "future fragments" of
that packet).

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont