I think the rules for which (temporary vs not temporary) to use should be
application-specific. And the people who are best-positioned to determine
what's right for the app are the app developers or designers. Not IETF.

I vote for 3484bis to remain silent as to a preference, but to provide guidance
as to what might cause an app to select one address over the other.

Apps that aren't designed for Internet access (e.g., UPnP, enterprise
applications to run on corporate devices inside the corporate network) have no
need for temporary addresses, and may find that they cause a bad user
experience. Apps that register their presence with a server (like a SIP
registration server) are ill-served by temporary addresses. Apps that need to
be able to receive unsolicited traffic shouldn't use temporary addresses. On
the other hand, I think I'd prefer if my web browser did use a temporary
address, if that feature were enabled on my device.
Barbara