All,

Based on the feedback received, the 6man chairs believe there is consensus
for 6MAN to work on creating a new type of IPv6 interface identifiers,
as described in draft-gont-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-01.

The discussion brought up some issues that we will work with the author to
resolve, in particular:

 - The current draft is written to not allow the IETF to create derivative
works.
   This is incompatible with the IETF standards process.
   See section 4 of http://www.ietf.org/id-info/1id-guidelines.txt

 - The draft should not replace modified EUI-64 IIDs. It intents to provide an
alternative to
   IEEE MAC based modified EUI-64 IIDs.
   The draft should not update RFC4191 and RFC4862

 - The proposed mechanism has merit separately from the perceived "security"
benefits,
   because it creates modified EUI-64 Internet Identifiers that are not IEEE
Mac based and
   eliminates any concern about host tracking based on the IEEE MAC addresses.

We will instruct the author to post the next revision as an 6MAN document.

Regards,
Bob Hinden and Ole Troan