All,
Here are my comments on the Address Selection draft. I think it is in really good shape and only have a few comments/questions/suggestions. Many of these are related to text directly inherited from RFC 3484, so I am willing to listen to push back on making those changes.

1. The first line of the Abstract does not read well. I suggest changing it to "... two algorithms, one for source address selection and one for...".

2. There has been resistance to having normative text in the Abstract and the first sentence of the second paragraph certainly sounds normative. Any objection to striking that first sentence? Would it make sense to move that sentence to the last paragraph in the Introduction?

3. The fourth paragraph of section 2 says apps SHOULD iterate through the list of addresses returned from getaddrinfo(). It would be useful to identify what exceptions to that rule are reasonable.

4. Section 2.1 (6th paragraph) mentions ULAs and 6to4 without expansion or reference. It would be good to spell out what those are.

5. I am curious as to what the rationale was for changing the text in section 2.2 as opposed to keeping the original text from RFC 3484. In making that change, why is only the length of S's prefix listed as a stopping criteria for comparison?

6. In section 3.1, I find it confusing to discuss "unicast site-local" and not mention the scope of ULAs. In fact, it may be worthwhile to mention in section 2.1 that the placement of FEC0::/10 is based on the site-local prefix having been deprecated.

7. Section 5 states "...the remaining rules are applied (in order) to ...". I would like to see this rule strengthened with the use of MUST or SHOULD. In addition, the last paragraph in the section may lead some implementers to consider some of the rules as optional. Is that really what we want?

8. This comment is driven by text in Section 6, but there are other cases throughout the document. In several places, I find "should" and "may" being used in situations where it could be normative. Is the intent to interpret mixed- and lower-case 2119 keywords as normative?

9. Section 7 contains an indirect reference to a rule by using "Rule 5.5". It would read better if it said something like "Rule 5 in Section 5" or something similar.

Once we resolve these, the draft can move along to IETF Last Call.

Regards,
Brian