Hi Joel,

RFC 6164 overriding 3627 seems logical
However, I am looking more from perspective of 5375

Also If one has to "go read the discussion on 6164" to understand it - this is
itself an indication that 6164 has not done a good job of providing a
conclusive recommendation on use of prefixes with subnet lengths longer than /64

If 6164 was going to override recommendations of 5375, the least one would
expect is the RFC 6164 to document the reasons why it felt that the additional
considerations provided in section B.2.4  B.2.6 and B.2.7 of RFC5375 are to be
ignored or don't hold true anymore- this reasoning should have been made part
of the RFC6164...

Instead the 6164 provided reasons around ping-pong issue and neighbor cache
issue - both of which appear weak as one is resolved thru 4443 and the other
can be resolved thru feature enhancements in the neighbor caching process...

Usman