Sean Turner has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-05: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html

DISCUSS:

s6.1, para 1: When won't using SEND without a proxy break the security?
I think what you're trying to say is that using plain old SEND won't work
you've got to use SEND with the proxy - right?

COMMENT:

1) Is the word "proxy" missing from the following in the abstract:

 The document describes a mechanism allowing the use of Duplicate
 Address Detection (DAD) by IPv6 nodes in a point-to-multipoint
 architecture with "split-horizon" forwarding scheme.

s1 use "proxy" after DAD and then s1 para 2 says:

  This document explains also why DAD mechanism [RFC4862] cannot be
  used in a point-to-multipoint architecture with "split-horizon"
  forwarding scheme (IPv6 over PPP [RFC5072] is not affected).

And could we make it clear that a proxy is needed:

  This document explains also why DAD mechanism [RFC4862] without a
proxy
  cannot be
  used in a point-to-multipoint architecture with "split-horizon"
  forwarding scheme (IPv6 over PPP [RFC5072] is not affected).

2) s4.2: Some minor wording tweaks because I don't know what the MUST
pertains to:

OLD:

  perform actions depending on the information in the Binding Table.

NEW:

  perform actions specified in the following sections based on
  the information in the Binding Table.

3) s4.2.1/s4.2.2: What happens if the BNG does reply/forward?

4) s4.1/s4.2.2: Is the neighborhood cache in s4.2.2 the same thing as the
binding table in s4.1?

5) s4.2.3.2: L2 header: Which link-layer address is returned to CPE2?  Is
it it's own or the one from CPE1?

6) s6.1: Agree with Barry's SHOULD vs MUST discuss.

7) s6.2: r/To ensure a protection/To ensure protection

8) s6.2: not sure you really need the MAY.  Maybe r/MAY/can