Hi,

I received the following e-mail directly.
Let me add Cc to the list.

2012/10/17 Ray Hunter <v6...@globis.net>:
> inline.
>>
>> Arifumi Matsumoto <mailto:arif...@nttv6.net>
>> 16 October 2012 10:53
>>
>> Ray,
>> thank you for review and comments.

>> 2012/10/10 Ray Hunter<v6...@globis.net>:
>>>
>>> I support this work.
>>>
>>> Discussion
>>> ==========
>>>
>>> Section 4.2
>>> s/the default policy should be restored/the previously active policy
>>> should
>>> be restored/ ?
>>

>> It is assumed that the configuration will be either using distributed
>> policy or
>> using manually configured policy as described in 4.1.
>> So, 4.2 is written like this.
>>
>> Do you propose to change the above assumption ?
>>
> It is more of a question than a proposal.
>
> Some implementations (e.g. Windows) make a distinction between a
> manually-configured change to the policy table that will survive a reboot,
> and other changes that are only valid for this user session, using the
> concept of a "store". See "netsh interface ipv6 show prefixpolicy
> [[store=]{active | persistent}]"
>
> If there's been a manually-configured persistent policy set, if an [active]
> DHCPv6-derived policy table goes stale, it might be more appropriate to
> (re)activate the manually-configured persistent policy that is specific to
> this node, rather than the "default" policy table defined in section 2.1 of
> RFC6724.
>
> It's really a question of if we need to further clarify what is meant by
> "default policy" in Section 4.2 of draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-opt-06.
>
> Is it the manually configured node-specific default, or the RFC6724 section
> 2.1 default policy table, or is this behaviour simply implementation
> dependent and we should remain silent on an appropriate default?

IMHO, it should be complex to allow to receive distributed policy even
when the policy is manually configured. However, I agree that it should be
out-of-scope of this document. This document should just state the
requirements as in 4.1.

> Further clarification on section 2 /A address selection option contains zero
> or more policy table options/:
>
> I think it would also be useful if we added one sentence after this: /An
> Address Selection option containing zero Policy Table options SHOULD be
> interpreted as the RFC6724 Section 2.1 default policy table./
>
> This will allow administrators to easily and positively provide local nodes
> with a hint that they should use the default table of RFC6724, without
> having to redefine and transport this every time, or rely on time outs.

The reason for allowing zero policy table options is to deliver only the A
and P flags of the Address Selection option.

If we want to do this, we should add another flag for it.

However, IMHO, we should not add such a thing, to keep things simple.

Thank you.