From: Erik Nordmark [mailto:nordm...@sonic.net]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 7:07 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Subject: Re: 6MAN WG Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02.txt>

Hemant,
Thanks for your comments.

On 9/9/12 2:43 PM, Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:
> I support this document - it's important work and the document is really
> close to ship to the IESG.
>
> I thought this document should be on Standards Track but the document does
> not say anything about the Intended Status of the document.  Please fix that
> so that document includes Intended Status.  Additionally, if the document is
> on Standards Track, do we have at least one implementation of the protocol
> changes covered in the document?  Or the protocol changes are deemed minor
> and one does not need at least one implementation?

Fixed.

> Comments included below.
>
> COMMENTS:
>
> 1.  In the first paragraph of the Protocol Update section, please replace
> "route" by "router".  At least all of RFC 4861 works with a default router
> not a default route.

Fixed.

> 2. I think the following text in the Protocol Update section can be removed
> because the text is redundant with RFC 4861.
>
> [The UNREACHABLE state is conceptual and not a required part of this
> specification.  A node merely needs to satisfy the externally
> observable behavior of this specification.]

I instead expanded on it to say that this is consistent with the 4861 -
I wanted to keep the statement in there to make it clear that this
expansion with an additional state might not be that cumbersome since it
depends on the implementation.

I've also taken care of the editorial comments below. All included in
-04 of the draft.

Thanks again,
    Erik