Was there discussion of the status of this document in Atlanta, and I
just missed it?

One tweak I think the document might need is just a single-sentence
clarification that this does not modify the start-up randomization for
the first RS, vis. the MAX_RTR_SOLICITATION_DELAY (i.e. start-up
random delay still applies).

I suppose whether or not this officially updates 4861 and/or becomes a
recommended modification to the node requirements doc will need to
wait for implementation feedback from the field.