>________________________________

Assuming MAC address = user is fundamentally assuming that a device is
exclusively used by that one user. Mobile devices (e.g. tablets, smartphones)
might suggest that assumption is becoming more true, however I think it
actually might make it less true - mobile devices are also a lot easier to
share or steal, than fixed location devices like desktop PCs. It might be worth
considering moving to a user authentication model such as 802.1x to track your
network users identities (i.e. use what they know to identify them, rather than
what they have).