Christian,

> SEC does not " increases costs equally for both attackers and defenders." An
> increase of time T for the defender correspond to an increase of time T*2^59
> for the attacker.

Right. I was speaking about the relative effort increase. For Sec = 0, I have
to do 1 unit of work, the attacker 2^59 units of work. For Sec = 1, I have to
do 2^16 units of work, the attacker 2^16 * 2^59 units of work. The difference
in the amount of time I and the attacker have to do is always 2^59, but with
Sec we can change how much work that is.

Jari