Why should an AP not be able to convert multicast->unicast. All it would ahve
to do is IGMPv3 snooping to know the clients connected to it. And it does know
the
per-client bitrate, aka: how far or how close a client is.

I guess the one things that not possible is to send the smae multicast
group/channel
in both multicast and unicast from the same AP because that would potentially
create
persistent duplicates.

--
---