Yes, of course we need to promote aggregation. Seems to me that it's hard to
predict the future of this IoT thing, and that 48-bit prefixes are ultimately
way more limiting than they should be, while the 64-bit IIDs are way more
generous than they need to be.

It seems to be that localized hierarchical nets are going to become the norm. A
number that makes sense to me would be, for example, 16-bit IIDs. Still a huge
number of local hosts in the sub-sub net (e.g. the steering control system),
but then that entire vehicle and all its subnets could be given a /64. Easily.

I suppose that a local DHCPv6 server could take care of this anyway, though. So
maybe there's no problem.

Bert