Folks,

This version of the I-D is meant to address feedback from Alissa Cooper,
Dave Thaler, and Tom Petch.

For the most part, these are the changes:

* A new appendix has been added, detailing the types of attacks we want
to mitigate.

* I've added some text noting that an attacker has a variety of probing
techniques, and that there are some that cannot be blocked/mitigated by
the host itself.

* Some text from the intro was moved to the appendix about RFC4941, such
that the intro can focus on what it is meant to focus.

I'd hope that, in the worst case scenario, we might need an additional
iteration/revision... but this rev 8or the next) should be ready to ship.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Fernando

On 06/03/2013 01:36 AM, internet-dra...@ietf.org wrote:

> directories.
>  This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.
>
>       Title           : A method for Generating Stable Privacy-Enhanced
> Addresses with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC)
>       Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
>       Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-09.txt
>       Pages           : 29
>       Date            : 2013-06-02
>
> Abstract:
>    This document specifies a method for generating IPv6 Interface
>    Identifiers to be used with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
>    (SLAAC), such that addresses configured using this method are stable
>    within each subnet, but the Interface Identifier changes when hosts
>    move from one network to another.  This method is meant to be an
>    alternative to generating Interface Identifiers based on hardware
>    address (e.g., using IEEE identifiers), such that the benefits of
>    stable addresses can be achieved without sacrificing the privacy of
>    users.  The method specified in this document applies to all prefixes
>    a host may be employing, including link-local, global, and unique-
>    local addresses.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-09

> http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-09