Folks,

We're currently editing the aforementioned I-D. So far, the I-D just
required that the entire IPv6 header chain be present in the first fragment.

Based on recent/ongoing discussions on the 6man and v6ops lists, there
seems to be quite a few folks pushing the idea of limiting the size f
the IPv6 header chain to some value (typically in the order of a few
hundred bytes).

An earlier version of draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain limited the
header chain to 1280 bytes, but this requirement was later removed.

However, since then a number of folks have produced real world data
which indicates that packets "won't make it to the destination node" if
the header chain is larger than a few hundred bytes, and I believe that,
overall, our understanding of the problem and situation has increased
since then.

My question to th wg is:

1) Do we want to limit the size of the IPv6 header chain?

2) If so, which limit should we pick?

Thanks!

Best regards,
--