As I do not attend meetings, perhaps someone at the meeting could ask the
author these questions:

1)

> 10 - discard the packet and, regardless of whether or not the
> packet's Destination Address was a multicast address, send an ICMP
> Parameter Problem, Code 2, message to the packet's Source Address,
> pointing to the unrecognized Option Type.

> The PDM destination options extension header SHOULD be turned on by
> each stack on a host node.

Perhaps the Security Considerations section could explain why this "SHOULD" be
enabled feature does not give a way to implement a variation of the Smurf
attack?

2)

> As with all other destination options extension headers, the PDM is
> for destination nodes only. As specified above, intermediate devices
> MUST neither set nor modify this field.

Does this "MUST" prevent firewalls stripping the PDM option at the site network
edge? It seems a rather strong requirement that firewalls cannot do this.
Perhaps the intent is that the entire packet be dropped by a firewall if PDM is
undesired by the site's administrators?

Maybe the I-D could explain in more detail what an intermediate system like a
firewall is permitted to do with a PDM-containing packet entering a zone where
PDM is not permitted (drop with Admin Prohibit ICMP, etc).

3)

> Application Reserved
> A 64-bit field reserved for performance and diagnostic metrics to be
> used by end nodes.  The meaning is agreed upon by the source and
> destination nodes.

Usual whinge about vendor-defined fields in specifications which are intended
to achieve interoperability. How can we even tell if 64b is adequate? If
justification for the adequacy of 64b remains lacking then I counter-propose
that 0b is adequate.

Thank you
glen