Hosnieh,

"an application layer lifetime".

1) The problem that this is a solution for.

I've looked through the draft multiple times, and what I see is a generic
abstract and then a very specific dive-in into the details.

What I think is very much missing is - what is the application you see in
mind that would use this ?

How would it look like to the user ?

What is the trigger for the app to request an address ?

2) The cohabitation with other hosts and the network devices

How does the app knows that it *can* request an address ?

As I told: my employer's WiFi gear, based on the RFC you quoted and
parameters therein, has a limit of 8 addresses per IPv6 host. With the
default settings, if you use more than 8 addresses within 5 minutes, the
latest addresses will be simply blocked. There is no mechanism today to
communicate this kind of network parameters back to hosts, and at a minimum
I think it should be added.

I think having such a mechanism could be a very useful contribution to the
protocol - and is in my opinion an integral part of such a proposal that
allows to increase the frequency with which the host generates the
addresses.

3) The state of the art in this.

This is from my mac:

ast login: Wed Jul 31 14:51:11 on ttys007
ayourtch-mac:~ ayourtch$ ifconfig en0
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 28:cf:e9:1d:22:f7
inet6 fe80::2acf:e9ff:fe1d:22f7%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4
inet 130.129.17.232 netmask 0xfffff800 broadcast 130.129.23.255
inet6 2001:df8::16:2acf:e9ff:fe1d:22f7 prefixlen 64 autoconf
inet6 2001:df8::16:6110:66b2:eca2:cf4c prefixlen 64 autoconf temporary
media: autoselect
status: active

**** disconnect wifi, reconnect wifi ****

ayourtch-mac:~ ayourtch$ ifconfig en0
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 28:cf:e9:1d:22:f7
inet6 fe80::2acf:e9ff:fe1d:22f7%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4
inet 130.129.17.232 netmask 0xfffff800 broadcast 130.129.23.255
inet6 2001:df8::16:2acf:e9ff:fe1d:22f7 prefixlen 64 autoconf
inet6 2001:df8::16:f9f9:fb2:2767:5caf prefixlen 64 autoconf temporary
media: autoselect
status: active
ayourtch-mac:~ ayourtch$

So, given that I also have to clear cookies, etc. etc. today to get any
semblance of the privacy:

I can as well flip the wifi.

So, it is not as bad :-)

Also, you saw the presentation from Guillaume - it's dramatically changed
in the past 2 years.

So, again - I'd like to see more text about the problem being solved, and
interaction with the user.

thanks! :-)

--a