On 08/01/2013 09:01 AM, Erik Nordmark wrote:
On 8/1/13 2:31 PM, Keith Moore wrote:

Hosnieh clarified the slide by explaining that by using "public
addresses" she meant addresses resolvable from DNS lookups.   But then
the idea that a node should not use "public addresses" is problematic
for different reasons.

Keith,

 From a terminology perspective we have RFC 4941 defining temporary
addresses, but that document doesn't provide a term for the
non-temporary addresses. 4941 does have some text saying
     a "public" (i.e., non-secret) server address, registered
         in the DNS
FWIW RFC 5014 consistently uses "public" to refer to "not temporary".

I'm not sure the conclusions you're drawing are valid there. The 3 commonly accepted categories are SLAAC, static, and 4941/temporary. The fact that an address may or may not be published in the DNS is orthogonal to the type of address.

Doug