Hi Lorenzo,

The current text describes the meaning of "stale" as follows in 3.2.

   The received information can be considered stale in several cases,
   e.g., when the interface goes down, the DHCP server does not respond
   for a certain amount of time, and the Information Refresh Time is
   expired.

We should add stateful DHCPv6 case here, as you mention it.

Best regards,