Brian,

This works for me. So, the complete list of changes follows. Do these work for
you?

                                  Ron

CHANGES
=======

   For example, assume that a stateless firewall discards all traffic
   received from an interface unless it destined for a particular TCP
   port on a particular IPv6 address.  When this firewall is presented
   with a fragmented packet, and the entire header chain is contained
   within the first fragment, the firewall discards the first fragment
   and allows subsequent fragments to pass.  Because the first fragment
   was discarded, the packet cannot be reassembled at the destination.
   Insomuch as the packet cannot be reassembled, the forwarding policy
   is enforced.
<OLD

   For example, assume that a stateless firewall discards all traffic
   received from an interface unless it destined for a particular TCP
   port on a particular IPv6 address.  When this firewall is presented
   with a fragmented packet that is destined for a different TCP port,
   and the entire header chain is contained within the first fragment,
   the firewall discards the first fragment and allows subsequent
   fragments to pass.  Because the first fragment was discarded,
   the packet cannot be reassembled at the destination. Insomuch as
   the packet cannot be reassembled, the forwarding policy is enforced.
<NEW

   A host that receives a first-fragment that does not satisfy the
   above-stated requirement SHOULD discard that packet, and also MAY
   send an ICMPv6 error message to the source address of the offending
   packet (subject to the rules for ICMPv6 errors specified in
   [RFC4443]).
<OLD

  A host that receives a first-fragment that does not satisfy the above-
  stated requirement SHOULD discard the packet (e.g., including a
  configuration option that allows such fragments to be accepted for
  backwards compatibility) and SHOULD send an ICMPv6 error message to the
  source address of the offending packet (subject to the rules for ICMPv6
  errors specified in [RFC4443]).
<NEW

   If a host or intermediate system discards a first-fragment because it
   does not satisfy the above-stated requirements, and sends an ICMPv6
   error message due to the discard, then the ICMPv6 error message MUST
   be Type 4 ("Parameter Problem") and MUST use Code TBD ("First-
   fragment has incomplete IPv6 Header Chain").  The Pointer field
   contained by the ICMPv6 Parameter Problem message MUST be set to
   zero.
<OLD

   If a host or intermediate system discards a first-fragment because it
   does not satisfy the above-stated requirements, and sends an ICMPv6
   error message due to the discard, then the ICMPv6 error message MUST
   be Type 4 ("Parameter Problem") and MUST use Code TBD ("First-
   fragment has incomplete IPv6 Header Chain").  The Pointer field
   contained by the ICMPv6 Parameter Problem message MUST be set to
   zero. Whether a host or intermediate system originates this ICMP message,
   its format is identical.
<NEW

   As a result of the above mentioned requirements, a packet's header
   chain length cannot exceed the Path MTU associated with its
   destination.  Hosts MAY discover the Path MTU, using procedures such
   as those defined in [RFC1981] and [RFC4821].  However, if a host does
   not discover the Path MTU, it MUST limit the header chain length to
   1280 bytes.  Limiting the header chain length to 1280 bytes ensures
   that the header chain length does not exceed the IPv6 minimum MTU.
<OLD

   As a result of the above mentioned requirements, a packet's header
   chain length cannot exceed the Path MTU associated with its
   destination.  Hosts MAY discover the Path MTU, using procedures such
   as those defined in [RFC1981] and [RFC4821].  However, if a host does
   not discover the Path MTU, it MUST limit the header chain length to
   1280 bytes.  Limiting the header chain length to 1280 bytes ensures
   that the header chain length does not exceed the IPv6 minimum MTU [RFC 2460].
<NEW