Hi!

It is the _format_ of the
UUID, not the literal UUID.

The one I wrote down was just to show how the format was on that specific
machine (they are probably not that secret, but we have some "confidentiality"
to take into consideration. That's why I did not want to write down the actual
UUID),

--Torgeir

> Den 25. juli 2015 kl. 16:35 skrev Gene Cumm <gene.c...@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Robin Smidsrød <ro...@smidsrod.no> wrote:
>>> On 22.07.2015 11:45, torgeir.wulfsb...@kongsberg.com wrote:
>>> I have an HP Elitebook 8440p, where iPXE does not display the correct UUID
>>> for this machine. Searching through the ipxe git repo, I've located this
>>> commit.
>>> https://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/9e896d0eeaa07d47b2bed4c92072fd638ce3eb55
>>>
>>> Anything before this commit, and iPXE does show the correct UUID for my
>>> 8440p.
>>>
>>> Correct UUID from BIOS:
>>> 00112233-4455-6677-8899-aabbccddeeff
>>
>> Looking at that UUID, it seems your OEM didn't bother to actually
>> generate a unique one. That one seems made up. Maybe they actually
>> forgot to properly configure that machine you've got.
>
> Alternatively, you forgot to mention that it's the _format_ of the
> UUID, not the literal UUID.  This distinction is crucial.
>
> --
> -Gene

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information which may be
proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is only meant
for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use is
prohibited, if not otherwise explicitly agreed with KONGSBERG. If received in
error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender
properly.