On 01/12/17 10:09, Pete French wrote:
On 01/12/2017 10:04, Martin Habets wrote:
Sort of depends how much data needs saving and the format it is in.
I use syslog (port 514) output to capture output of test scripts and sometimes debug info. This is normally limited to plain ASCII text.

syslog can be enabled in the ISC DHCP server using
   option log-servers <ip>
in dhcpd.conf.

No,w I have this enabled in my isc-dhcp server, but I am yet to see a single message in the logs from ipxe for some reason. Or is it normally silent ? Would be nice to see what its doing!

You will need to build iPXE with CONSOLE_SYSLOG enabled:

  http://ipxe.org/cfg/syslog
  http://ipxe.org/buildcfg/console_syslog

There is no TFTP upload feature in iPXE. There is, however, support for sending an HTTP POST, which is much more flexible:

  http://ipxe.org/cmd/param

Michael