Hi,

We recently received a new model (dell Latitude 5510) which comes with the
Intel I219v-10 networkcard, but we are having dhcp issues with this model.

We rebuilt our images from the latest source (downloaded from github today) but
that did not help.
Further investigation showed us that the device id was not in the list
(drivers/net/intel.c). We therefore added the appropriate line ( "PCI_ROM (
0x8086, 0x0d4f, "i219v-10", "I219-V (10)", INTEL_I219 )," ) and rebuilt the
images.
Again, no ip.

Oddly, when we did not use an embedded script to run dhcp but booted to an ipxe
shell and ran the dhcp command manually, it did work.
We then increased the timeout between booting and running the dhcp command in
our embedded script from 6 to 30 seconds. Still nothing

Any clue what might be at issue here?

Thanks,
Peter Van Tilborgh,
Sysadmin RVA.