Good questions that have started a most interesting thread.  I've been
QSLing for a bit over 50 years and have over 3,000 from the various
places in which we've lived.  QSL order of preference is:  letterheads
first, then cards and lastly a note on my report (actually, I dislike
those intensely but  they're better than nothing).  I do draw the line
at a ppc; have never sent one out and never intend to.  A personal
thing but I'd rather not have a reply than a ppc.  Haven't ever had any
"E-QSLs" but, if they came from the station I'd gladly accept it
(particularly if it was a printable letterhead type).  Also was
interesting to hear the comments on the CPRV; I wasn't aware of any
restriction of the type of QSLs they accept and would like some
confirmation of the limitations as I've designated mine to go there
(unless any of our children want them, which I highly doubt!).  Also, I
thought that someone in the NRC (Ron Musco comes to mind) was starting
a preservation location but haven't heard anything about that for a few
years.  Does anyone know about that or any other preservation
locations?