828 left their carrier on for quite a while, as usual. 774 lefyt
theirs on and threw a high pitched test tone on after three or so
minutes of OC.  There was CC beneath this.  747 cut their carrier
promptly and got outta Dodge.  Nick, I had 621 and I think it is
Heilongjiang, though it is only a guess.  I've heard what I think is
them several times from here this late fall.

The Chinese were back this morning.... not quite in full force, but
very well represented. 1278 was there, usually what I think is Hebei
#1. 1377 CNR1 was nice.  My mystery of the morning was 1404 that
sounded Chinese, that peaked after dawn, as did a goodly number of
stations, especially on the high band. Patrick, what have you heard
in East Asia on 1404???  There is a 10 kW in Liaoning, Manchuria, I
think, so maybe them.... never heard much on 1404. 918 CNR2 had
multiple echos again and 945 CNR1 showed very nicely, especially
after dawn and CNR's KK Service on 1017 was doing well. Oh, and 675
Hanoi came up nicely after dawn.

Well, the antennas are as set as I can make them to survive the
winter storms, with terminators and matchers stored away... so, I
guess we might as well hit the road.

Gosh, what a great fall season!!! What fun!

John B.