Group:

        I finally understand what all that noise is on both sides of WSAI.
They must be IBOCing!  Have been doing it for more than two years now.
Makes me wonder if IBOC degrades analog signals or effects normal analog
power output.  Until the noise started, WSAI was unassailable on 1530 & I
found DX on that frequency all but impossible, with only two other loggings
there.  Since the apparent IBOC started, things are different.

On 12/1/06 I tuned in 1530 to find two stations there, JUST BEFORE 1 P.M.
The other station, which was about equal with WSAI, ID'ed as "1530, WCTR!"
True, it was a very cold day & that seems to have some effect on DX around
here, but a 1 kw Marylander at 1 p.m.!  At 1600 that same day I got a nice
ID from WMBT.  Then, on 3/21, heard WYNE at 1730 (EDT) w/WMCE, Erie, ID &
classical mx absolutely killing WSAI.  Have noted them often since on LSS,
but had never heard them at all before 3/21.  Are the 50 kw clears now
committing suicide, finishing the job the FCC started several years ago?

73's
David

PS. BTW, I noted the discussion of Michael Savage several weeks ago.  Local
WAIS is now carrying Alex Jones from Austin, TX.  If you want to hear an
absolute crackpot, find somebody carrying him.

Also, WVKO, 1580, Columbus, has been silent since sometime last fall.