--- Pete Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I hate to be dense but everyone else seems to call
> it IBOC (for "on
> channel") so what's the "AC" - at channel?

Because it has never been and NEVER WILL be "on
channel" ....a lie started and perpetuated by the
inventors. The digital will ONLY be [mostly] on
channel when analog is extinguished. The digital
resides in the adjacent channels. Just think, you can
transmit on other channels you aren't licenesed for
with SUBSTANTIAL powers, and more so than a lot of
smaller stations that are actually receiving
substantial interference.

Powell