Imagine slapstick comedy on the radio, and you have "It Pays To Be Ignorant."
It was one of my favorite shows, fascinated by clean burly-cue humor (an
oxymoron?) as I am. (Fascinated, that is, not a moron of any kind.) One of the
first sets of MP3 disks I bought when I became aware of OTRCAT availability
gave me a couple dozen episodes of IPTBI ... One of the programs available was
aired on a local station (forget now which) before the show went network.

I also purchased some Henry Morgan shows, "Point Sublime," and a Steve Allen
KNX show from very early in Allen's career that contained a hilarious interview
with Al Jolson. I also was gratified to find several episodes of Jim
Hawthorne's work from 1949, after he moved from KXLA-1110 to ABC Pacific. It
wasn't the ABC shows, but similar zany stuff he did for AFRS.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon