Bruce,

I wonder if the Puget Sound area is closer to Yakima or is the Northern
Oregon Coast? I have measured the distance from here and it is about 150
air miles.  I don't generally get Wenatchee on 900 here during the day,
even with the beverage, but KPQ is decent, as well as KMWX. KIT mixes
with KLDY, and KALE 960 also comes in fair. KONA is S9. I also get
Prosser on 1310, but it takes the beverage to get it. Oh yes, KYAK 930
is quite strong since they boosted to 10 KW days. Bellingham is poorer
now. I don't generally get 1390 Yakima, but 1020 is also decent with
about any antenna. Some of the GYers are heard during the day in the
Winter though.   But that noise level can knock out a lot of weaker
stations. That is for sure. I remember Bill Block stating that when he
lived in SE Portland, the noise level kept getting higher through the
years.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin