Thanks Colin. I had wondered as the Universal site says even Windows
2000 will work with the SDR IQ. I don't own a late model laptop as yet,
but it has also been in the back of my mind. With the SDR-IQ going for
$500, I have thought about it. I could pick up a used laptop with
Windows 2000 or XP and be all set.
The only laptop I have is Bob's old Toshiba Windows 95. I know it would
not handle the SDR-IQ.  My regular computer has XP, but of course that
would not work as the noise factor would be an issue.
I like being able to record 190 khz of the band. Can you pick which
frequencies you want to record, or do just record them all?  I guess the
specs are all available on exactly what type of computer will work. I
guess Windoiws only?

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin