Another "quick check" morning, at 1445UT.  Unlike Dennis, there I
heard some audio on 279, but not much.

Generally, it was just weak carriers, even 1566 (though the
propagation monitor says that it recovered somewhat at the pattern
change at 1730UTC long after I went to work).

594 was the kingpin, with quite a readable signal, with 747 and 567
occasionally readable, all  Japanese of course.   774 and 756 had
occasional unreadable audio, both Asian, but 603 seemed down under
(an odd frequency to hear when conditions were otherwise poor.   1134
had quite a good carrier, unlike most channels, but no audio.

And yet, 160m DXers in Ontario were reporting good conditions to
Japan this morning.  Maybe that's where the DX went?

best wishes,

Nick