Hi all:

I heard back from the eBay vendor in Hong Kong, and they confirmed that
the M97 unit they sell (eBay item 310011297763) is the non-Americas
version which only tunes to 1602 khz.

As for the M97 from Audio Cubes, their web site doesn't give any tuning
range specs for the version of the M97 they are selling, so you might want
check it out first if the X-band is important to you.  I notice that Audio
Cubes' T615 page specifically says their T615 covers all the way to 1700
khz, leading me to believe that perhaps their version of the M97
doesn't....

73 - Kevin