As I understand it, the Telecommunications Act of 1996 gave the FCC sole
jurisdiction over r.f. exposure matters.  In other words, local
officials cannot legally consider health issues when deciding whether to
approve radio facilities.  The FCC established r.f. exposure
requirements soon after the 1996 Telecomm Act, and all licensees are
required to make sure the public is not exposed to electromagnetic
fields that exceed the legal limits.

That said, it's possible for a local board to respond to someone's
exposure concerns based on fear, uncertainty, and doubt, but I would
expect the courts to rule in the station's favor when and if this comes
up for appeal (assuming the station can show it will stay within the
legal r.f. exposure limitations).  The county would need to show
evidence that the FCC's r.f. exposure limits are inadequate.  There have
been similar legal arguments in recent years, particularly with respect
to cell phone use, but so far the courts have ruled against them due to
lack of evidence.

Bruce