Greetings to Brian Smith and the group,

Did manage my second reception of CHWO at 8:00 - 8:45
EST tonight. Normally this would be a very easy catch
for from Troy Michigan (approx. distance 240 miles)
EXCEPT for the awful superheterodyne whistle that did
a good job of obliterating the signal.

First attempt with an ICOM 718 with omnidirectional
antenna --- no luck

Second attempt with a Grundig Satellit 800 using a
100' random wire and same thing

Third attempt with a Sony ICF-2010 and a Radio Shack
loop antenna where I got clean copy when pointing
towards Toronto, and getting a SS station with what
appears to be a futbal (soccer) game. So much for the
whistle..

Does any one have any ideas what the SS was?

73 de Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, Michigan