Well, more like playing around...

First, I tried an old ferrite antenna from a friend's junk box.
Placing it near the internal ferrite actually worsened reception.  So
a quick-n-dirty augmentation to the ultralight didn't work.

Second, I tried my Radio Shack loop.  The SRF-59 liked being inside
it, but it was happiest at the center of the loop.  Obviously this
requires some dexterity and juggling if you're going to do serious
nulling and loop tuning.

Finally, I placed the SRF-59 on the loop head of my Quantum loop.
This worked the best, both ergonomically and electrically.  The
Quantum gave good directionality/nulling, selectivity, and ease of
movement. Velcro would take care of stability.  Not surprisingly,
there was no difference between the loop switched on or off.  The
Quantum threatened to overload the poor ultralight, so I had to detune
the loop away from the radio's frequency.

Testing was on 570 to test nulling a semi-local, WMCA.  R. Reloj was
actually dominant, so most of my jiggering was aimed at nulling Cuba
instead.  Also dominant was Rebelde on 560.  Another testament to the
DX powers of this amazing little rig.

Testing was conducted while drinking a snifter of cognac, so caveat lector.

Thanks,

Dave
Albany, NY