Hey Dennis:

One thing I think you'll like about the SRF-39FP is that the wheel well
for the tuning thumbwheel is more recessed, making it much easier to turn
the dial, and giving it a more fluid feel to it.  The thumbwheel itself
appears to be the same: it's just you get a much bigger piece of it than
on the 59.  I also think the variable capacitor itself turns smoother as
well, so it may be that these earlier CXA1129N radios used
different/better components?

73 - Kevin