Hi Russ,

     Thanks for your question, about the differences  between the Sangean
DT-200VX and the DT-210V.  Actually, I myself am  curious why Sangean has two
different models with very little difference in  capability or price.  The only
real difference readily available to me  is the styling-- the DT-210V comes in
a silver-colored rounded cabinet, while  the DT-200VX is a rectangular black
colored radio.  Sangean's claimed  capabilities are almost identical for the
two Ultralight radios, except that the  DT-210V has 25 memories and the
DT-200VX
has 19.  Both are 9 kHz or 10 kHz  step-capable, and both are sensitive
enough to chase the TA's or TP's, if you  are lucky enough to live on the
coasts
:>)

     Unfortunately, my review unit for the DT-210V  (ordered for the 2008
Ultralight Radio AM-DX Shootout) proved to be a total  Turkey, as confirmed by
Bruce Bacon's testing.  However, in addition  to a sensitivity problem, my
DT-210V Turkey also shows a problem with image and  spurious reception, from
which
the DT-200VX is essentially immune (the only  Ultralight digital model to have
this capability so far, a fantastic achievement  by Sangean).  For those of
you who want everything in a digital Ultralight  portable (except for the
SRF-59's phenomenal selectivity and nullability), my  interim suggestion is
that
you go with the DT-200VX, at least until we can  confirm that the DT-210V has
no
major problem with images and birdies.

     The QC issues with the DT-210V and C.Crane SWP  have delayed the 2008
Shootout somewhat, but now it's time to clear the Turkeys  and throw the book
at
the QC violators. New units will be ordered for both  the DT-210V and C.Crane
SWP this weekend, and if these also prove to be  defective, they will truly
end up in the Shootout Hall of Shame.

                73 and Wishes to All,

               Gary  DeBock