DX TEST -- 960 CFFX ON Kingston

TIME: Early morning of Tuesday January 15 (Monday night).

MODE OF OPERATION: CFFX will test using its 10,000-watt daytime directional
pattern.

PROGRAMMING: Regular adult contemporary programming. Special test material will
consists of three hourly voice announcements followed by special test
material lasting several minutes. These will air roughly at the top of the
hour, at approximately 0000, 0100 and 0200 EST, give or take a few minutes
depending on the program log. Wouldn't surprise me if voice ancts are just
before the TOH.

CFFX is completing its move to 104.3 on the FM band this morning, and 960 is
scheduled to sign off for goood at 0600 EST. It also wouldn't surprise me if
they keep the same power and pattern until the very end. As part of the
transition, the AM has simulcast the FM for the past three months. This test
marks the final phase of the transition, and the test content will also air on
104.3. This is your last chance to log CFFX on 960, so for those of you who
tend to sleep through these things (you know who you are, heh, been there done
that) if it takes two alarm clocks to wake you, well, you've been warned!

I plan to be awake and DXing 960 (and other channels if cx warrant) through the
0000-0210 EST test period and am happy to take calls (not collect) at
705-454-9636.

Saul