We keep getting conflicting info here.

First we learned that all E1's were being discontinued.

Elsewhere we learned that E1XM was being retained and the
E1-without-XM was being discontinued because it would compete too
close in price to the Sat750 that's due out any day now.

And now it's the E1XM being axed and the XM-less version being kept/

Which is it?

I agree though, who needs XM on a DXing receiver?
XM is for people who like to listen to the content.  :-) :-)

--
Mesa Mike
LA de NM