SSS on the regular rig: 880 Arkansas, 1140 Pekin IL, 1350 KRNT IA, 960 from
Shawano WI, among others. Nothing new, the first two not heard too often.

Spent more time with the Sony SRF 59 using my Radio Shack loop. I hold it in
the middle ofn the loop, and hold the flat part against my chest, while I
wandered about the room, turning mself and the radio, looking for optimum
nulling spots for my worst pests. Worked like a charm and now a valued
tactic using this ULR.

Nulled 640 and has one or two stations underneath, 760 WJR null yielded
Colombia and 770 WABC null yeilded the same. Just about every station could
be nulled. I didn't linger for IDs. Nothing was all that strong and signals
were up and down. I was mostly interested in scanning the dials.

I guess I could always do the same with a portable receiver such as the
Sangean ATS909, but would be a pain to hold it and the loop and keep it all
positioned. A ULR makes this easy and relatively comfortable.

It's interesting how diferent parts of the room yield varied results. I also
tried the 59 by holding it to light switches. The wiring acts as an antenna,
though I wasn't nearly so impressed with the results. Next up I will try
holding it to my longwires.

What I'll call the DX Walkabout method will come in handy as one of several
things I'll try during good sunset, overnight and regular cx. If I have a
weak signal in a null, and can barely get the null, it might in my mind be
worth a walkabout. Yeah, this strategy might get casual observers to suggest
you seek psychiatric counselling.