At 11:03 PM 1/18/2008, you wrote:

>> On Saturday 19 January 2008 00:15, Walter Salmaniw wrote:
>> > I'm hearing quite nice moon bounce best using USB tuned to 6791.8
>

>> I'm hearing it here too, also using USB.  The HAARP skywave signal is
>> not tremendously strong ->
>> Barry
>

>I first tuned in around 0510 and was amazed to be getting
>clear echoes, but they never lasted more than a half
>minute. The main signal ranged from 559 to 579 with
>fade, and the echoes were heard maybe 1 minute in
>every 4 or 5, and for no more than 20 to 30 seconds,
>running about 519 to 539.  There was occasional
>other signals heard, a rapid sweeper very loud,
>and occasional CW interference such as "up".
>"7407" and "tu" at the end, weak. I think the 0510 was the
>best signal and never as good, shoulda been there on time.
>
>The 7407 was useless here due to some loud interference.
>
>Rx a Kenwood TS430S (gen coverage rcvr) and a 20 meter
>longwire. Location Tampa FL
>
>- Bob Foxworth

I didn't mention that I heard some of the QRM as well.  The occasional sweep,
rapid CW, and related crud.  Overall, they were far weaker than the HAARP, so I
simply ignored them.  Yes, 7407.5 was far weaker overall.
HAARP paused for 30 seconds at the BOH, before continuing.  7407.5 didn't
suffer from any interference otherwise hear, although I could sure see signals
on the SDR (esp 7405).......Walt.