Tuned in to 6792.5 at 0630Z 1/20/08 for the HAARP test and about fell out
of my chair when I heard the lunar echo on the first pulse!  The pulses
from Alaska were about S-6.5, and the best echoes were up to S-3.  I was
getting an echo once out of 10 pulses, then 1 of 20, then 1 of 50, and
finally no further echoes for the last 20 minutes.  At 0730Z I switched
to 7407.5, and this was even better, with an echo for every pulse except
for an occasional drop-out.  WAY COOL!!  Now this is what I call the
looooong path - half a million miles, more or less.  I don't send many
reports these days, but I will report this one.  Many thanks to those
giving us a heads-up on this.  By the way, I don't consider this to be
off-topic at all, even if it is SW -- DX is DX.

Art Peterson
Richmond, CA, CM87tw
Winradio G313i, longwire