CFFX DX Test Final Report

     Wow! What a good test this turned out to be. In spite of marginal
conditions, the last few hours of CFFX on 960 kHz made it to both the east
and west coast and even to Scotland. Only the southwest and the deep south
appear to have been left out. A look at the CFFX daytime pattern explains
why - a pretty significant null toward the south.
     As with the KKMO test, the CFFX test was heard in Europe. Special
congratulations this time go to Paul Crankshaw in Troon Scotland, who caught
a couple Morse code IDs. The test also made it to the North American west
coast.
     Without further ado, here is the lengthy list of those who logged the
swan song of CFFX-AM:

Konnie Rychalsky - Southwestern CT
Dave Lang - Waterford CT
Curtis Sadowski - Paxton IL
Tom Jasinski - Shorewood IL
Frank Zane - Downers Grove (Chicago) IL
Mark Connelly - Billerica MA
Joe Miller - Southeastern MI
George Sherman - MN
Paul LaFreniere - Grand Marais MN
Joe Wozniak - St. Louis MO
Dave Hockfelder - Albany NY
Stephen Howe - Albany NY
Ken Chatterton - Mannville NY
Jerry Bond - Rochester NY
Scott Fybush - Suffern NY
Joe Perge - Newark OH
Patrick Martin - Seaside OR
Brett Saylor - State College PA
Steve Francis - Alcoa, TN
Jim Pogue, Memphis TN
Kevin Satya - Bainbridge Island WA
Bill Dvorak - Madison WI
Tim Noonan - Oak Creek WI
Nigel Pimblett - Dunmore AB
Nick Hall-Patch, Victoria BC
Walter Salmaniw - Victoria BC
Saul Chernos - Burnt River ON
Jeff Falconer - Clinton ON
Robert Ross - London ON
Mark Gerwlivch - Markham ON
Mike Brooker - Toronto ON
Niel Wolfish - Toronto ON
Barry McLarnon - Ottawa ON
Paul Crankshaw - Troon, Scotland
Steve Whitt - Scotland

     Sometimes the Internet is a key ally. Frank Schuettig in Bali,
Indonesia tuned in this test remotely via a DX Tuner in Illinois. The
international aspect our tests are taking on is great, and we encourage more
of our European compatriots to give future tests a try.
     Even if you weren't able to hear the test, we send a big thank-you to
those who tried and continue to support our efforts, including: Bill
Block-AZ, Frank Aden-ID, Bob Foxworth-FL, Tim Hall-CA, Steve Ratzlaff-OR,
Martin Foltz-CA, Fred Nordquist-SC, Patrick Griffith-CO, J.D. Stephens-AL,
Bruce Winkelman-OK, Bruce Portzer-WA, Barry Davies in the UK and Bjarne
Mjelde in Berlevag (Arctic Norway) who heard CFAC and KMA but not CFFX.
     After a very brief dry spell, we've added a couple of more tests to the
calendar, plus several more are still very much in the works. Remember to
keep checking the DXTESTS.INFO Web site frequently and listen to the BTC
Podcasts for news and late-breaking developments.
     Finally, if you can reach out to one or more stations in your area and
encourage them to consider doing a DX test, please do so. Many hands . and
all that.

Saul Chernos and Jim Pogue

For the IRCA/NRC Joint Broadcast Test Committee